Thursday, February 26, 2009

Engagement Card

I am in love with this color combo right now! My friend Kim is getting married to a great guy and she is very chic and sophisticated.... so I had to think for a bit for her card. She had a party at a wine bar for their engagement and I knew we couldn't truck in some sub-par creation to a place like that! She is a Stampin Up demo and she knows a last minute card when she sees it! Of course I did my hand sewing on this one too- I am just loving the way it looks! Other than the sewing the worktime on this on isn't too much! The Joy stamp is The Angel Company and then I took another swirl from a different Angel Company set and filled in the top and bottom with it. Enjoy!

Stamps: The Angel Company
Cardstock: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, scrap DP (from a year and half ago!)
Accessories: green rhinestones, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, nestabilities large scallop circle

14 comments:

cheryl (clee') said...

Yes, I love that combo too! The stitching is great...I gotta get my sewing machine out!

Jennifer Talley said...

Wow, this is so pretty! I am sure she will love it!

Unknown said...

just wonderful ;)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very nice engagement card.

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

ohhh! so pretty! My niece's weddind was all in black & white damask-I just love that contrast!
Great Job!

Becky said...

Girl this is gorgeous, I am loving those colors now also :).

Unknown said...

Love this card. I adore swirly things!

Joanne Travis said...

This is my kind of card style!! I love the elegance of the color combination and layout. So striking!

Cindy said...

What a great card and color combo!

Colleen Porter said...

I'm sure she'll love it. The color combo is perfect!

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous! I love it! The colors are fantastic!

laos348 said...

Nicely done - very elegant. The color combo is great and I like the swirls and hand sewing.

Felicia said...

Very pretty Alison I love the colors you chose. That green is great against the black.

Anonymous said...

First time to your blog. LOVE the background! And that is one great card. Not the typically simple elegant american style card but a little more daring. Like it!